Pre-registration Pharmacist Training Programme 2016-17
The Buttercups Training Pre-registration Programmes offer a comprehensive series of training days in a wide variety of locations.
Bespoke packages are also available upon request.
The Buttercups Pre-registration study days cover:
- North London
- Central London
- NEW Maidstone, Kent (early bird discount still available)
- Birmingham Late Programme* (early bird discount still available)
* The Birmingham Late Programme has events between November 2016 and July 2017 and is for candidates sitting the September 2017 assessment as their first attempt.
- New Style Mock Registration Assessment
- New Style Calculations
- MUR Assessment - new for 2017
- Minor Ailments and Responding to Symptoms
- Law and Ethics
- Communication Skills and Self Awareness
- Clinical Topics by BNF Chapter
- NHS Community Pharmacy Contract
- Medicines Optimisation (includes MURs and NMS)
- The Drug Tariff, Hosiery, Dressing and Stomacare
- Pharmacy Management
- First Aid Training
A variety of training methods are employed e.g. short-answer questions and case studies, role play, group work, presentations, on-line assessments etc.
Trainees will also be enrolled on our GPhC accredited Medicines Counter Assistant course in addition to being given access to the Buttercups Pharmacy e-Training Service (PeTS) where they can log in to our pre-registration website to download assignments and to obtain additional training materials.
The Buttercups Pre-registration Training Programmes are mapped to the GPhC pre-registration pharmacist performance standards. This may be of use to employers when providing the GPhC with your training plan during the approval process for pre-registration training premises.
If you would like to request a copy of the mapping document please contact Buttercups Training on email@example.com
Early bird discount
£100 discount will be applied where enrolment forms are received prior to 12/8/2016 for the Maidstone programme (or 10/9/2016 for the Late Programme)
Tutors are also invited to attend our tutor training events in July and August.
Full details can be found by clicking here.
Click here to view the programme information.
We are accepting enrolments immediately. Click here to complete the online enrolment form.
Please read some of the comments made by our students
- I would definitely recommend Buttercups to others. Invaluable experience.
- The Programme Tutor was fantastic. Keep up the good work.
- The training was fun, interesting and informative.
- Well organised programme covering major parts of the syllabus.
- The programme is structured and worthwhile.
- The BNF/BNFC quizzes were very good and helped to identify areas I needed to work on.
- The calculation tests and BNF quizzes were very good and encouraged me to work before study days.
Click the link to read more references from Buttercups Training customers.
"Pharmacist Support is an independent charity working for pharmacists and their families, former pharmacists and pharmacy students to provide help and support in times of need".
Click on the link below to be taken directly to the Pharmacist Support web page, which contains a number of fact sheets that will provide you with valuable advice and information.